Wednesday 29 December 2010

The Fantastic Four

It's a while since I saw this now, but I think it was one of those Sunday night, nothing else on kinda films. So it did exactly what it set out to do really; filled in 2 hours of scheduling time. Quite entertaining without being any good. The dynamic of the group didn't really work; though I'm not familiar with the comics so maybe they are meant to be like a dysfunctional family. Still Jessica Alba was nice to look at/not look at (see what I did there?).

Was it not obvious to the Fantastic four that a guy called Dr von Doom was going to turn out badly? I mean, come on! Oh, I just remembered; I particularly liked the way that The Thing was cured by reversing the wavelength of radiation (this kind of made sense), except that they had no idea how much radiation Ben Grimm (Michael Chiklis) received in space in the first place. Then, when he wants to be The Thing again, he knows precisely how to work the machine and how to dose himself with the exact same amount of radiation to produce exactly the same results as before!

Oh yes, and Reed Richards (Ioan Gruffudd), Mr Elastic or whatever his name was, gave himself a higher dose of radiation which made him become extra-rubbery. But then ten minutes later he was back to regular rubberyness! No explanation! I could probably go on, but I wont bore you.

Who are you? Who Cares?

1 comment:

  1. After Spider-Man and the X-Men, the Fantastic Four is one of Marvel’s most storied franchises, and the one that is most deserving of a good reboot, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete