Monday 5 October 2015

Kill List (2011)


Director Ben Wheatley’s first feature-length film is all about the perils of being unemployed and bored. Couple that to a dysfunctional family and add a bit of the old ultra-violence and we have Kill List.

A good little film, well acted and creatively made, with a sucker punch of an ending (though not as bad as The Mist). I was just a bit thrown by lots of setup but no payoff. There are so many little drip-fed hints suggesting that everything is going to come together and be explained. Spoiler: there is no payoff; nothing is explained!

Otherwise, right up until the point when I realised that I wasn’t getting any closure (credits rolling) I really enjoyed Kill List. Well acted, moments of cinematic beauty and bursts of brutal violence. But, you know, that's just, like, my opinion man.

No comments:

Post a Comment