Wednesday 25 May 2011

Knocked Up


Following a drunken one night stand, Ben (Seth Rogen) and Alison (Katherine Heigl) become pregnant. Knocked Up then follows the ups and downs of their relationship, as well as that of Alison’s sister and her husband Pete (Paul Rudd). As far as Rom Coms go, most of Knocked Up is fairly run-of-the-mill; the thing that makes it work is Seth Rogen. He works really well with both Katherine Heigl and Paul Rudd; he has most of the funny lines; and the funniest scenes involve him and Rudd. Having said that I’m struggling to remember that many scenes; the one that springs to mind is in Las Vegas where Rogen and Rudd are both high, and discussing the number of different chairs in their hotel room! The one thing I really couldn’t stand was Leslie Mann’s voice! Starring as Alison’s sister, he voice was whining and grating the whole way through. Director Judd Apatow has created a decent and funny film; not instantly forgettable, but by the same token not particularly memorable. I enjoyed watching it and laughed more than I thought I would, I just can’t remember that much about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment